This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true.
Rifleman’s Creed, USMC
Pic: Wow. Stuff. V dark.
While not quite a as dramatic as your rifle, your shoot kit is probably one of the most important set of tools to know. Below is a brief description of each part of the kit. Over time the specific models of items may change but the responsibility of each piece will still be the same.
- Insta360 One R with 360 Lens Mod and Lens Cap
- Still Photos: 18 MP, (6080 x 3040)
- Video: 5760x2880@30fps
- HDR capable
- Capable of shooting RAW DNG
- 32 GB MicroSD Card, U3 class or higher
- Each HDR photo takes ~12MB of space. Therefore, a 32 GB SD card should provide enough space for ~2,6666 HDR photos. The U3 designation defines the throuhput of the card, i.e. how quickly the camera can write images to the card. A U3 card is capable of sustained writing 30MB/s, more than enough for the 4k output video.
- For more information about SD Cards, checkout the SD Association write up on speed class.
- One R Bracket with Go Pro Bindings
- This comes with the 1/4”x20 female screw bindings. Comes included with the OneR pack.
- Insta360 Monopod (Selfie Stick)
- This particular model extends up to 120cm (~47”) placing the camera at eye level for a short human. This is important because photos should be shot from roughly eye level to give the viewers an eye level viewing experience.
- Link: Insta360 Store
- Tripod Base with 1/4”x20 male screw head
- This supports the selfie stick and turns it into a functioning monopod. Selection for this piece is still underway. An inadequite tripod can cause the monopod to fall over and damange the camera. Unfortunately, I’m speaking from experience.
- SD Card Adapter Reader
- Something to get your photos off the camera and onto your computer.
- Apple Mobile Device
- Necessary for shooting videos. The mobile device is used as a preview and remote control for the camera. It is theoretically possible to get away with out this but it is definitely NOT worth the hassle. Download the Insta360 One R App from the app store.
- MacOs based computer
- Necessary for post processing and upload.
- Insta360 Studio MacOs application
- Preferably Lightroom or some equivalent for minor photo touch ups.
- Auto WB correction
- Spot removal
- USB-C Charging cable (for camera)